Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Social Media Ministry Moment



From the Rev. Kevin Clementson

 

Social media has forever changed the world and how we do ministry. This was brought home to me this morning as I sit with my coffee and bagel in the comfort of my neighborhood Panera. A message bubble pops up from a member of my congregation in Afghanistan. "Hey Pastor! Keep me and my buddies in your prayers today. We are about to go out on a mission." Suddenly what can at times seem so far away was brought to my table... the easy comfort of my space at the table suddenly feels different as I prayed for that young man and father of two who along with his buddies drive off base and into a world of purposeful violence. The world feels very small and dangerous today.

Kevin, MDiv '82, is Co-pastor of Grace Lutheran Church, Westminster, MD

No comments: